~::Cheery Dreary Blog::~

Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Sense of Humor


Damitol! Back in Web Design 2 class (otherwise known as "Introduction to Web Design") at the Art Institute (Los Angeles) we were asked to design a site for a fictional drug known as Damitol. We were to design the site in Fireworks (at the time it was still a Macromedia product) and the site was to include an original logo design (for whatever our particular version of Damitol did), the logo of the pharmaceutical company and a link to their website. We needed a set number of pages and it needed to look as real as possible (though it wasn't required to ACTUALLY be a full-working website... it was a "design" class after all).

Well I'd just seen the GENIUS movie, CHILDREN OF MEN, and so I was inspired to make my Damitol a suicide drug. I completed the assignment, uploaded it to the school server and that was the end of the story... I thought. Turns out I did a great job at SEO and if you actually Google "Damitol" my site is the first to show up. (Or at least it was... I just deleted it's old location today.)

This led to me getting a rather long email from a "good hearted person" who "found my site humorous" but thought that I best take it down because I was linking to a real pharmaceutical company and using their actual logo. (OK ... good point.)

So that was like a year ago and I finally got around to finding the old files and changing the logo and updating the thing.

My version of Damitol now lives here! (I get this dark sense of humor from my mother... just so you know where to place blame.)

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home