~::Cheery Dreary Blog::~

Monday, March 2, 2009

Pleasing color palette


Pleasing to me, at least. I find the blue/orange contrast palette to be the easiest to use and the best looking. I found this poster today (while doing some internship research) on the site for the design company Gravillis Inc. and instantly fell in love! (Granted, I have an obsession with Winona Ryder so it would have found its way on my wall ANYWAY.)

It's so complicated in its design yet comes off as simple and easy to read - I believe, in part, due to its color palette.

(Sidenote - I'm still in love with the Jing screen capture software, which I used to grab the above image. You can see a corner of Gravillis' site (the orange bar at top and left) because I did a sloppy rectangle. Still it shows how the bordering contributes to the look of the poster.)

Labels: , ,


Comments:
I always liked orange and green together. They go well together. I agree that blue and orange are also very nice.
 
Jing! It's a good software that help me create my corporate training video presentation.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home